Stoneshard is a challenging turn-based RPG set in an open world. Experience the unforgiving life of a medieval mercenary: travel across the war-torn kingdom, fulfill contracts, fight, mend your wounds and develop your character without any restrictions.
Other Stoneshard Guides:
The basics of safe adventuring in Aldor
New Adventurer Handbook
These are the collections of memories from fallen mercenaries to aid new adventurers of Aldor. Only the basics are covered because adventurers may choose different styles during their dangerous lives and each adventurer should carve their own preferred strategy.
Aldor is a dangerous place, filled with bandits, predators and vile creatures. Before going in an adventure, you can follow some safety procedures.
1. Refill your waterskin in any well in town.
2. Buy some food from a merchant.
3. Restock on medical supplies.
4. Stash any non-essential items in your stash in the inn.
5. Sleep before any adventure (save your game).
6. After accepting a contract, read the map to understand the routes to your destination.
Combat is a necessity. There are many ways to fight. Melee, ranged, magical. However, a good outcome depends on the gear you have, the skills you use, some luck and some prudence.
1. Think ahead before engaging in battle.
2. After each battle, tend to your wounds.
3. If necessary, take a rest to recover.
For the best dungeon delve possible, inventory management is very important. Every adventurer desires loot to be sold in town, but only a few will make it out of the dungeon if they are not careful.
1. Keep some water with you.
2. Keep some food with you.
3. Keep some medical supplies with you.
1. Make a habit of using the Detect Traps skill.
2. Keep an eye on your statuses and tend to your maladies. If you don’t know what an icon means, hover your mouse cursor over it to get more information.
At the end of this handbook you will find sketches made by different mercenaries who have used this handbook (comments in the guide). Use them at your will if you require further instructions.
If you are a mercenary yourself, please only leave your own notes if you have something to help new mercenaries with.
It’s end. I hope “Stoneshard The basics of safe adventuring in Aldor” helps you. Feel free to contribute the topic. If you have also comments or suggestions, comment us.