FF7 Remake Chapter 16 The Belly of the Beast Walkthrough
- For this chapter, the party needs to sneak into Shinra HQ via the parking garage.
- Head down the stairs and reach the lower area by climbing down the ladder.
- Along the walkway leading to the vending machine, on the left side, there’s a chest containing 2x Hi-Potion and another chest beside the vending machine and the bench that has 1x Ether.
- Once you’re done, go back to where you got the Hi-Potion and head down the stairs and work your way through the walkway until another cutscene triggers.
- The party decides to jump off to ride the trucks. You’ll eventually reach the underground parking garage of the building and Barret and Tifa fall off the truck.
- You’ll now have to defeat a group of Elite Security Officer enemies. Once you’ve killed the enemies, proceed further to obtain the next main scenario.
Bust Out of the Garage
- Work your way around the garage and head towards Gate-01. Here, you’ll fight some Elite Security Officer and 3-C Soldier Operator soldiers.
- After fighting them, head to the second gate and you’ll encounter more Elite Security Officer and Guard Dog enemies.
- Once you’ve cleared the area, before you continue forward, check the north side of the area to find a chest that has 1x Molotov Cocktail.
- Next, go under the shutter gate and this time, you’ll encounter a large group of enemies such as Guard Dog, Elite Riot Trooper, and 3-C Soldier Operator.
- After the battle, before you leave the parking garage, check the north-east side of the area to find a chest that has 2x Mega Potion.
- Next, exit the garage, head inside the building, and head up the escalator to reach the entrance of the building.
Shinra Building Intel
- After the cutscene, ahead of you, you’ll find some plants near a sitting area. There’s a chest beside it that has 1x Moogle Medal.
- Next, approach Tifa and Barret who’s standing in the middle of the lobby. Head up the stairs to the second floor and head to the marked objective. You’ll find that all the doors are locked and requires a keycard to open it. After checking it, another cutscene will trigger and Tifa offers to try to get through the barricaded reception area by jumping onto the hanging platforms
Acquiring the Keycard
- You’ll now be playing as Tifa. Jump onto the platforms and when she tries to jump off from the second platform, she’ll fall onto the sofa. When you’re back on the ground, head east and you’ll find a corridor that has a chest at the end of it, you’ll be able to collect 2,000 Gil from the chest
- Next, head to the middle section and jump onto the car next to the motorbike. Tifa will be able to work her way around the purple colored structures.
- Once you reach the platform that has a ladder, don’t climb up yet, but instead, check the right side, there’s some monkey bars that TIfa can hang onto to cross. On the other end of it, you’ll find a chest containing another pair of knuckles, Purple Pain.
- After grabbing the weapon, go back and this time, climb up the ladder and work your way around via the monkey bars until you reach the top again where the hanging platforms are.
- Guide Tifa through the platforms. And once she reaches the last platform, she’ll be able to jump and reach the lights. While she gains momentum you’ll need to hit the [Triangle] button at the right moment so that she can swing farther onto the next lights until she reaches the pod where the Shinra Keycard is.
Reach for the Skyview Hall
- Back as Cloud, you can choose to take the lift or the stairs to reach the 59th floor. It won’t really cause an impact to the story, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. You’ll just encounter Elite Security Officer enemies when you take the lift on the 10th, 20th floor.
- However, you may want to grab some things first. Head up to the second floor and open the door on the right, inside the showroom, there’s a chest containing 1x Iron Maiden.
- You’ll eventually reach the Skyview Hall after a series of cutscenes.
Playing the Tourist
- Once you’re on the 59th floor, approach the hologram receptionist at the reception area to update the access of the keycard.
- For the next objective, you’ll have to visit each floor and check each exhibit room and trigger certain cutscenes so that you can further update the access of the keycard. When you’re done exploring, head to the 61st floor and head inside the theater where a cutscene will trigger explaining the history of the planet.
- After the cutscene, head back outside the theater room and you’ll be greeted by a man named Hart.
- You’ll be taken to a library during the cutscene on the 62nd floor
A Helping Hand
- After the cutscene, head inside the door Hart takes you and you’ll meet with Mayor Domino, the mayor of Midgar.
- During the cutscene, the mayor provides the keycard you have with higher access to enter the 63rd floor.
- After the cutscene, head outside the mayor’s office and speak to Hart. If you pay him 10,000 Gil, he’ll give you information regarding the person you need to find, as well a new weapon for Barret, the EKG Cannon.
- Apart from that, check the north side ring of the library to find a chest to collect 3,000 Gil.
- Proceed to the bottom area of the library and exit through the main door to return to the area with escalators. Go up one floor to reach the 63rd level and head inside the door on the south side to reach your objective.
- After the cutscene between Professor Hojo and Aerith, continue through the 63rd floor until you reach the cafeteria section.
- On the second floor of the cafeteria, there’s an item shop on the right side near the combat simulator.
- Aso, on the south-east side of the second floor, there’s a bench and a jukebox that you can find. Interact with the jukebox to obtain a new music disc: 31. Scarlet’s Theme.
- After checking the item shop, speak to the Shinra Employee standing next to the entrance of the combat simulator and accept the challenge: Three-Person Team vs. Mayor is the Best.
- Once you’ve completed the simulation, head back outside and speak to the employee who will give you a Shinra Executive Keycard to gain access to the 64th floor. Apart from that, there will be other challenges as well that will be available for you to take in the simulator.
- You can also speak to Chadley who’s standing on the right side of the entrance of the simulator
- When you’re ready, continue to the next section and head to the 64th floor – Conference Rooms via the elevator.
- Head inside the main hall of the conference rooms and make your way to the men’s bathroom.
- Check the last stall and head up to the ducts. Once you’re inside, at the second split, turn left and you’ll find 1x HP Up Materia
- Next, work your way around until you reach the end towards the main conference room where you’ll eavesdrop onto the leaders and President Shinra’s meeting.
Operation: Save Aerith
- After the cutscene, go out of the bathroom and head towards the entrance of the conference hallway where you’ll spot Professor Hojo. The team will be able to sneak in towards the professor’s lab.
- Head up the stairs and you’ll find a vending machine, a bench, and a chest containing 2x Antidote.
- Opposite of the bench and vending machine, there’s another chest that has two vials of Celeris.
- Continue forward and you’ll reach a room with tanks filled with green substances. You’ll find another chest on the right side containing 2x Remedy.
- After grabbing the item, head up the stairs and follow Hojo.
Boss: Specimen H0512
- After the cutscene, you’ll fight the boss for this chapter, Specimen H0512 alongside H0512-OPT enemies.
- This boss doesn’t have any weakness, it is immune to poison and slow effects and has lesser resistances against lighting-based attacks.
- Successfully defeating this boss rewards the team with 1300 Gil, 5 SP, and 1x Talisman.
- Upon regaining control of Cloud after the battle, rest at the nearby bench first if you need to.
- Head to the elevator where Hojo ran to and ride it reach the lab’s main level.
- You’ll find Aerith here, but you’ll need to fight your way through the group of Shinra troops first.
- The team will be able to free Aerith and you’ll have to fight two new enemies, an Armored Shock Trooper.
- After the battle, another cutscene will trigger where you’ll come across Red XIII .
- Follow Aerith until you catch up with Red XIII.
- Shortly after, Cloud will have visions and passes out. Another cutscene will trigger which will also complete Chapter 16.
It’s end. I hope “FF7 Remake Chapter 16 The Belly of the Beast Walkthrough” helps you. Feel free to contribute the topic. If you have also comments or suggestions, comment us.