How to save an Atlas Character Preset
You spend an hour creating your perfect character in Atlas and then for whatever reason you have to restart the game. Bye-bye character preset!
I’m going to show you how to save your preset so that when bad things happen you can use your old preset in a new game!
- 1st Make a shortcut to your ATLAS directory in “This part is different for your location/steamspps/common/ directory.“
- 2nd Make your new preset (or use your old one if you made it and didn’t erase it) and remember its name!
- 3rd Navigate to “Atlas/ShooterGame/Saved/SavedAtlasLocal”, and copy the file “YourProfileName.arkcharactersetting” file.
- 4th Save the copy to a safe location.
Now how to use it:
- When you start a new game save a preset with the same profile name you used before. Then ALT-TAB out of Atlas and copy your original Preset and paste it to “Atlas/ShooterGame/Saved/SavedAtlasLocal”.
- It will overwrite your new preset with your old character.
- ALT-TAB back to Atlas and load your preset. You’re done.
- Your old character is reborn and ready to play.
A word of warning: Don’t try to use a male preset to make a female character!